On the 21st April 2018 the PPE Regulation (EU) 2016/425 replaced the PPE Directive 89/686/EEC. Responsibility for the supply of PPE to required standards now lies not only with manufacturers but EVERYONE involved in the production, importation, supply, distribution, marketing and sale of PPE.
In short, YOU.
Your responsibilities as a distributor now include:
- Product approvals
- Ensuring products conform to regulations
- Keeping technical files and records
The easiest way to ensure you are keeping to your responsibilities is to work with trusted suppliers. That means suppliers who:
- Provide declarations of conformity that shows the original certification for the PPE you are purchasing
- Define their process for sample testing to ensure any PPE CONTINUES to meet required standards
- Define their process of quality assurance at the point of manufacture
By choosing MG Safety as a trusted supplier you can be sure that we will provide everything you need – either from ourselves or from the brands we supply. In fact, we only work with brands – such as Ansell, 3M and Moldex – that can prove to us their products meet all relevant requirements.
MG Safety is your trusted supplier of PPE.